If you ever glance at the counter near the bottom of the sidebar, you might’ve noticed that yesterday we went over 300,000 hits / pageviews. That’s quite an accomplishment, I think. Perhaps that will prevent certain other bloggers from calling this blog obscure (not that we listen to them anyway, especially when they don’t even visit their own blog!).
Anyway, I think this calls for a celebration. It’s a big milestone (albeit arbitrarily chosen, but it’s a large round number with many round numbers). I suspect many blogs never reach that many viewers.
I’d like to take all the regular readers out for pizza, but unfortunately it’s not in the budget. Actually, there is no budget, because there is no money. Nobody has made any donations. And that’s okay, because we don’t ask for donations. We’ll gladly receive them, should anyone feel generous, but we don’t ask for your money. We like to keep the humor here free, where all can enjoy and participate for no charge. So that’s why there’s no pizza party.
It’s not just a few posts that get a lot of pageviews — there are actually 33 posts that each have over 1,000 views. That’s amazing to me, that so many people have read my ramblings! I’m sure most of you regulars can guess what the top posts are, but how many of the top 10 could you name? Here’s the listing:
1. random Monday quotes
2. add your own captions, basketball photo
3. Halo costume
4. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew & Beaker – top boffins
5. funny quotes about Mondays, part 2
6. some random quotes for your Monday morning
7. viewer mail, issue #6
8. the special days of April, pt 2
9. Toilet Facts
10. Man vs Food — Carnivore Pizza Challenge
Some of those are very predictable. For those of you who are curious, here are the next 10:
11. some quotes for your Monday
12. caption contest, unfair sumo wrestling match
13. I want a tank to drive around town
14. the special days of April, pt 1
15. Wendy’s new Baconator burger
16. Exercise Is Bad For You, New Study Shows
17. man vs food – super burger challenge
18. offended at poop
19. Get your super-powers here
20. a new Tower Defense game
Have you read all of those? (I wonder how many of the regular readers have read everything here. You should get a gold star!)
Of course, these are not necessarily the top 20 posts in terms of quality, but the public has spoken. Is your favorite post missing? (Or does anyone even have a favorite post?)
One thought on “celebrating 300,000 pageviews”
I think the ‘king of the blog’ post is a classic! 🙂
also it’d be cool if there was a way to list out the top 10 posts that are commented on the most!