Welcome to another issue of our infamous viewer mail series. Like in previous issues, we will look at actual search terms that people used to find this blog, then we will provide advice, answers, or humor that corresponds with what you were looking for. (And this is open to your questions, too — just use our contact us form to send us any question you’d like an answer to, and we’ll come up with something.) Let us begin.
- why are chimpanzees smarter then humans? — Uhh, they’re not. However, if you believe that, maybe they are smarter than some humans… 😮
- ice cream buffet — I’ve never heard of one, but that sounds like a good idea. And in addition to having many varieties of ice cream out there, of course there should also be lots of different toppings to choose from and mix in, like crumbled Oreos, Butterfinger chunks, hot fudge, caramel, graham cracker crumbs, etc. I think somebody should make this happen.
- how does the moon belch? — You’ve got me on this one. I can say that I’ve never thought about this before, and I don’t know. It would be really weird if the moon did belch or fart, because it would probably be very loud, and we might even hear it on the earth. On a slightly more serious note, to answer your question, if it has any active volcanoes, then perhaps that’s how, but I don’t know of any. However, there is the backside of the moon, which we don’t see, so perhaps there’s some clues on that side.
- interesting facts to read while on toilet — There are a lot of good books and magazines out there for reading in such conditions, and comics are great for that also. Another suggestion would be to print out some articles from this blog. The free-for-all stories are good (just click on the title of each one to get all the comments, so you get the whole story), and there’s a page with lots of toilet facts (which would be appropriate, although some might give you pause), and there’s a few posts that have a lot of discussion in the comments (see here for starters).
- nuclear scorpion — There’s been a lot of searches related to scorpions recently, and I wonder what all the hype / buzz is about. Perhaps the next Godzilla movie will feature a nuclear scorpion. (Has he ever fought one?) So maybe this is from a leaked movie script, or it could be just some crazy conspiracy theory, or maybe my warnings about Turkey Point were prophetic. I don’t know which it is, but I’m curious also. If anyone knows why scorpions are so popular now, let me know in the comments.
- flush toilet into air 10 feet away tooth — Hmm… how should I interpolate this one? Did the toilet water (and waste) shoot 10 feet into the air when you flushed it and got on your teeth? Ugh! Let’s hope that’s not what you’re talking about, because that’s downright stank-nasty! Generally, you want your toilet to flush downward, taking the poop and other excrement away from you. If it’s going into the air, then your toilet is malfunctioning. On a side note, if your whole toilet exploded and shot up in the air, that would be kinda cool, but you’d rather that not happen at your home or while anyone is nearby.
- moon backside nasa — See, it’s not just me who thinks there may be something going on at the backside of the moon! Because we can’t see the back of the moon, NASA (or some other space agency) could be having underground operations there without even having to go underground. There could be something nefarious going on there, so we need to check it out for ourselves. Do we have any volunteers to secretly go to the moon and investigate? If you find something, we’ll film it, and it’ll make a great movie, perhaps even winning a Nobel Peace Prize (since Al Gore has lowered the bar so low with his documentary). Who’s interested in going?
That’s all for this issue. Feel free to discuss any of these topics in the comments.
6 thoughts on “viewer mail, issue #9”
Not a Resturant Owner, but Stayed at a Holiday Inn Express
The ice cream buffet thing has some potential. Somebody should open one next to Larry’s Pizza. They could call it Curly’s Ice Cream.
Yeah, I like the ice-cream buffet idea… lets hope they install one of those sneeze-guards though.
oh yeah… concerning the moon belch. If there ‘is’ a man in the moon as some say it would make sense that he’d behave like a typical guy, including passing gas and belching.
I went to the moon one time on a school field trip, and there weren’t no one else there.
However, it is highly likely that some of the people there with me did belch and/or pass gas while on the moon, and maybe you heard that. Y’know, with the air being all thin and stuff, the sound would travel much farther.
true, & since the moon is like far away and stuff it’d take the sound some time to make it here.
I can tell you it’s not wise to pass gas in a spacesuit… unless you’ve got one of those charcoal filters built-in…
If your spacesuit had an exhaust vent, I bet the smell from a fart would linger a long time on the moon, since there’s not much air for it to dissolve into. Maybe that’s why we haven’t been back in a long time…