The most popular football video game has been the Madden series for a few years, but I’d like to see one that has a lot more funny and random features. They’ve got the realistic / simulation aspect covered. I want a game where I can do whatever I want.
Let’s see, if I created a football video games, what would I add in as options…
- Control the weather. If I want them to play in 12″ of snow, then I’ll make it happen. Or if I’d rather the field be muddy from 8″ of torrential downpours, let that be an option. And of course the gameplay has to reflect the difficulty of the weather.
- Choose from hilarious broadcasters. I don’t want the same old play-by-play that most of these games feature. I want someone with a lot of character and personality, who isn’t afraid of showing it. It’s a video game, not real life, so let it loose. Have someone who makes comments like, “His uniform should have number 2, because that’s how crappy his playing is.” Another announcer could have lots of attitude, saying things like, “I know he didn’t!” and “If that was me, I wouldn’t tolerate that crap.” Make it lively.
- When fights break out, zoom in and let the gamers control the fighting between individual players. Let them get suspended, but allow the fighting. (I suspect most teams would have some “expendable bench players” who tend to fight a lot.) 🙂
- Have a cheat code where you can make the center rip a loud fart while the quarterback is calling the play, then hear players chuckle. (You know this feature should be in the game! There would probably be casual fans buy the game primarily because of this.)
- Be able to customize the fields. I know, most football stadiums are very much alike, and the fields are all the same size, but that can be boring. I want to change the size of the field, the shape, and put random objects out there. How about putting a mudhole the width of the field between the 10 and 20 yard lines? Seems like it would add drama to the game. I’d also put a flock of sheep at one end. The options are endless. This would increase replayability.
If you have any other suggestions, put them in the comments section.