The Seibu Lions, a baseball team in Japan, is about to get a lot of money, like $51.1 million, so they’re going to upgrade a lot of things. They’re going to spend more on player salaries, of course, and replace their dome’s artificial surface and install some field seats. But the most peculiar upgrade to me is that they’ve allocated $6.02 million for “upgrading restrooms”. I imagine a stadium has a few restrooms, but that’s still a LOT of money!
I’m wondering what kind of bathroom upgrades you could do for that kind of money… Let’s see…
- The men’s urinals should be replaced with a big waterfall. You could even put a few plants in there to give guys something to aim at. (I’ve seen a picture of one kinda like that, although I can envision it being even more elaborate.)
- There needs to be some kind of venting system that really works. With all the technology we have today, we shouldn’t have to tolerate any more of those “I can’t breathe!” scenarios.
- The toilets should be replaced with La-Z-Bowl recliners, where you can get comfortable for those extended sessions.
- Each stall should have a rack with good magazines.
- Why stop at magazines? With a $6 million budget, each stall should have a flat-panel TV with cable. 🙂 Might as well have a DVD of manly stuff, like live sports games, sports bloopers, stuff being blown up, and the 3 Stooges.
- Countertops should be granite or quartz.
- I’ve seen on TV a toilet made of gold, although I really don’t think that’s necessary.
- Here’s something that should definitely be included, in abundance : soft toilet paper! Most public restrooms go the cheap way, using that single-ply TP that feels like sandpaper. With that kind of money they could even give you disposable cloths…
What other things could they do with that kind of spending money?